Elevate your dining experience with our Beetroot and Caramelised Onion Upside Down Tartlet, which showcases the exquisite Finns Kitchen Caramelised Onion Fig and Balsamic Relish. This dish offers a harmonious blend of earthy beetroot, sweet caramelized onions, and the rich, complex notes of the relish. It's a visual masterpiece too, as each tartlet is elegantly crafted, with the pastry cocooning the vibrant ingredients, culminating in a golden, crispy crust. The finale? A sprinkling of creamy Greek feta and aromatic thyme leaves. Served with a fresh salad and light vinaigrette, this creation is a symphony of flavors, perfect for any occasion.
4 x tablespoons Finns Kitchen Caramelised Onion Fig and Balsamic Relish
425 g tin of sliced beetroot drained
1x large brown onion, sliced
100g greek feta cheese
4x sprigs fresh thyme
4 x sheets of puff pastry
1 x egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180.C.
- Lay out each slice of beetroot on absorbent paper to draw out any moisture. Remove one third of each puff pastry sheet and discard. Set both aside.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and lightly spray with oil. The tartlets are assembled upside down and flipped when serving.
- Arrange beetroot and onion slices in an overlapping pattern in two sections on each tray. Across the two trays, you will have four sections in total.
- Using a pastry brush, top each with a tablespoon of Finns Kitchen Caramelised Onion Fig and Balsamic Relish, ensuring the vegetables are well coated.
- Top each with a sheet of puff pastry, ensuring that the pastry overlaps the ingredients on all four sides. Press down the edges with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry with a lightly beaten egg and put in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove each pastry from the baking sheet and top with crumbled feta and thyme to your liking. Serve with a salad and light vinaigrette.
Recipe provided by Our Home Transformations (Official Ambassadors for Myanbah Farm) @our_home_transformation_page is a 30something husband and wife duo from the foot of the Blue Mountains. A head teacher and tradesman by day, creative and passionate renovators by night. Now onto their 4th renovation project, their page chronicles their renovation journey, delicious recipes, home