Balsamic Bacon Glaze
A SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE THE HUMBLE SNAG A BIT ‘POSH’
- 1 x jar Finn’s Kitchen Smoked Bacon and Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- 1 ¾ cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup tinned champignons (rinsed drained and diced)
- 4x shortcrust pastry sheets (thawed)
- 4x puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- 1x teaspoon of thyme leaves
- ½ a teaspoon of chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1x beaten egg (for egg wash)
- 1x teaspoon of water (for egg wash)
- I x cup of uncooked rice (for blind baking)
Preheat the oven to 180.C. Lightly spray pie pans with oil. If you don’t have pie pans, you can use a cupcake tray.
In a bowl combine the Finn’s Kitchen Smoked Bacon and Mushroom Pasta Sauce, shredded chicken, diced champignons, thyme, tarragon and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine. Then refrigerate.
Cut shortcrust pastry to fit the pie pan. Repeat for each pie.
Cover each with baking paper and ¼ cup of uncooked rice. Blind bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, discard the baking paper and uncooked rice.
Generously spoon the filling into each pie base, being careful not to fill past the rim of the pie mould.
Cut one sheet of puff pastry to fit the top of the pie. Trim off and discard any excess dough. Repeat for each pie.
Use a fork to crimp the puff pastry top to the shortcrust pastry base.
In a separate bowl, mix the beaten egg and water to form the egg wash. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the top of each pie.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the the puff pastry is fully cooked.
Serves 4 as a substantial pie portion, but with smaller pie moulds, could make 10- 12 mini pies.
Recipe provided by Our Home Transformations (Official Ambassadors for MyanbahFarm) @our_home_transformation_page is a 30 something husband and wife duo from the foot of the Blue Mountains. A head teacher and tradesman by day, creative and passionate renovators by night. Now onto their 4th renovation project, their page chronicles their renovation journey, delicious recipes, home tips