500g raw calamari rings (or 3-4 squid tubes, sliced into rings)
200g panko crumbs
2 tablespoons Chinese 5 spice
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon of lime zest
2 x limes quartered
- Pat the raw calamari dry with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the panko, Chinese 5 spice, onion powder, salt and lime zest.
- Stir to evenly distribute the spices across the panko crumbs.
- Add the calamari to the bowl in batches and fully coat in the crumb mixture.
- Heat the Myanbah Farm Garlic Olive Oil and shallow fry the calamari in batches.
- Drain on paper towel before serving.
- Serve with lime wedges and a generous dollop of 100ml Myanbah Farm Caramelised Garlic and Kaffir Lime Aioli on the side
Serves 4-6 as an entree/ appetiser
Recipe provided by Our Home Transformations (Official Ambassadors for MyanbahFarm) @our_home_transformation_page is a 30 something husband and wife duo from the foot of the Blue Mountains. A head teacher and tradesman by day, creative and passionate renovators by night. Now onto their 4th renovation project, their page chronicles their renovation journey, delicious recipes, home tips and all things in between!